Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 2 to Day 3

1st of all I apologize for not doing an update earlier today. I have Fridays off from work and I spent most of the day trying to get caught up on a lot of things I have been putting off for the last couple of weeks. We have two games going on right now as I type this so I'll just share my thoughts on Day 2 and Day 3.

Boston vs. Buffalo:

This game was on CBC last night so I did not get to see any of it but I predicted a 2-1 win for Buffalo. The final last night..... 2-1 Buffalo. I thought goaltending would be the story for this series and it looks like that after Game 1. If you want to see Olympic hero Ryan Miller in action on Saturday the game will be on NBC at Noon central time.

Montreal vs. Washington:

I didn't think Montreal's defene would be able to stop Alex Ovechkin & the Capitals. Last night they held Ovechkin shotless and managed to steal Game 1 with a 3-2 win in OT. Still I wouldn't worry if I was a Capitals fan. Jose Theodore looked good in goal for them and I don't expect Montreal to hold Ovechkin shotless again. However with all the attention Ovechkin will be getting from the Habs defense Alexander Semin & Nicklas Backstrom will have to pick up the slack. Backstrom did his part last night. Now it's Semin's turn.

Los Angeles vs. Vancouver:

These two teams are so similar that this might be the most exciting series of the 1st round. Vancouver out shot the Kings 44 to 27 and yet needed overtime before winning Game 3-2. I had my doubts about Johnathan Quick going into Game 1 since he was shaky the last month of the season but he stopped just about everything the Canucks threw at him. His counterpart in net Roberto Luongo wasn't tested very much through the game but when he was he made some spectacular saves. Watching these two teams play it just feels like this is going seven games.

We have five games going on tonight. Ottawa & Pittsburgh are currently tied at one in the 2nd period. Philadelphia is leading New Jersey 2-1 right now in the 2nd period.

Nashville & Chicago start their series later tonight. The Blackhawks are the more talented team but Nashville give just about any team they play against fits. If you are a Blackhawks fan beware of the upset.

Later on out West Detroit plays Phoenix & Colorado plays San Jose in Game 2 of their respective series. For the Red Wings it's pretty simple, if they can control the puck and the tempo of the game they should be able to beat Phoenix. For the Coyotes to win they will have to muck & grind like they did for the last two periods of Game 1. As for the Sharks they have to come back strong against the Avalanche if for no other reason than they need to put to bed any doubts others may have about them being able to get the job done in the post-season. The game winning goal in Game one was a fluke goal. They can either dwell on it and go woe is me or they can step it up and play well so they aren't in a position to let that happen again.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and enjoy the hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment