Friday, September 17, 2010

NHL Training Camps Are Underway

Greetings Hockey Fans,

The last time we got together The Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 4-3 in overtime to win their 1st Stanley Cup in 49 years. (I love happy endings)

Since then there have been a lot of changes throughout the summer. We have new coaches in Atlanta, Columbus, Edmonton & Tampa Bay.

We have seen playoff heroes (Jaroslav Halak, Dustin Byfuglien) move on to different cities (St. Louis, Atlanta) hoping the magic they had last season will carry over to their new addresses.

We have seen 29 NHL franchises makes transactions & tweaks to their rosters hoping that they will end up where Chicago was at the end of last season, raising the Stanley Cup.

Another change you might notice if you are reading this blog is the title. Quest4cup did work well for the post-season but as I decided to extend my writing into the Regular Season I decided to start fresh. After kicking around a couple ideas I decided to settle on Between Blue Lines.

Here at Between Blue Lines we will focus on what is going in & around the NHL. Most of my focus will be heavy toward The Minnesota Wild (since I go to just about every home game.) & The Detroit Red Wings (who I follow with a passion.) Don't worry though, if your team is making news I will have an opinion about it & you can read it here.

My plan as training camp opens up is to breakdown the teams by each division followed by my predictions for the 2010-2011 NHL season.

Hopefully you enjoy what you read on this blog and if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them with me.

Hockey's Back and the season gets underway in 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment